Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ya just gots to love a Sketch!

Hey hey hey!

It's few and far between blog posts for me these days, life is full to the brim with all sorts of goings on : )
We have had a lovely break in Perth celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. We stayed at Fawkes house B&B in the Perth Hills.....oh me oh my were we spoilt. Gosh it was so delightful! Jeans are feeling a wee bit tight as we might have over indulged...just a little bit...ahem....at a french patisserie.......Can I say Chocolate Eclairs and Macarons!!!

If my internet stalking seems a bit sporadic it's because....it....well...is. We have had a dodgy internet connection since before Christmas last year, our home phone doesn't work at all and our internet is hit and miss. I would like to thank Telstra for their ongoing commitment to consistently awful service. If only we had other service providers here! 

I am busily sewing like a mad women creating bits and bobs for the upcoming Port Hedland Courthouse Art Gallery markets. SOOOOO excited.... rather nervous! Am so glad I made the decision to not re-open my online store yet as it has given me the chance to really think about my product and develop my skills....I am happy to say I am now quite apt at hand sewing.....which means Mr Hot Glue Gun (My Nemesis) is rarely used.....TAKE THAT burner of finger tips. I did an awesome Market stall/Product development course a couple of weekends ago. It ran for 2 days and man I got so much out of it! It was run by Helena Bogucki, creator of the most beautiful jewellery pieces & Isobel Macaulay from Pinch and Spoon, creator of exquisite Ladies, Bridal and Girls fashion pieces...These ladies were so generous in sharing their industry knowledge as well as personal stories of how they developed their own business. It was what I needed to realise what products I was comfortable making, and what products I was making as I thought thats what I should be making.....feeling so much freer to go forth and create whatever my creative mojo tells me too : ) 

ANYHOO I have digressed.....again.....

I actually started writing this post to share with you the April 1st Sketch for Stuck?!, here is the sketch......


I was FLAT out busy when I went to do this sketch.....I am so glad I subscribe to The Boxx kits....they were a godsend.....I just dove in to my pizza box filled with the last three months kits and happily scrapped away....no frustrating paper co ordinating or embelly searching in sight! I nearly gave up my subscriptions last year as we are trying to save our dollars....I am SO GLAD I didn't cancel my subscription...these are value packed and if I may say so myself.....FREAKIN awesome : )

Here's my interpretation of the sketch....


Well thanks for checking out my blog....excuse the rambling on....it's a habit I refuse to give up...like chocolate.....

Love and Peace xox


3 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

yummo Jess !! I adore this ... good luck at the markets I am sure you will do just fine .. lots of love Heather x

Cheryl said...

God bless you Jess, your layout is totally awesome (as usual) Cant wait to meet you in Brissie xxoo

Chloe said...

Tee hee at your chocolate habit - sounds a bit like me ;-). Now, this sketch page is fabulous!! Love the pops of colour!