Today I have a tutorial for you!
I have recently acquired the new Prima "Sun Kiss" range of patterned papers......even though I'm not a flowery, pretty kind of scrapper, I just HAD to have this range of papers....I LOVE the colours and the daisies...so delightful!
I've been asked a few times to do a tute showing how I layer so I've finally done one. The tutorial will be up on the my2angels blog as well.
Hokey Pokey.....get ready to enter the Jess world of scrapping....
So because I really wanted to use this range of papers I chose a photo to go with them, sometimes I choose the photo then the papers that go with it. I'm not super fussy about colours in my photos matching colours of my papers etc, I tend to go with the "feel" of things instead. There isn't to much pre planning to my layouts...I just kind of go with the flow....
So basically I chose the papers, chose the photo, picked some embellies that I wanted to use and plonked it all on my desk. I'm a rather lazy scrapper and won't use anything thats not within my reach......
I pretty much only use Kraft or White cardstock, with the occasional patterned paper as the background.
For this layout I chose kraft.
I always find a blank piece of card stock a bit daunting so I usually throw caution to the wind and straight away add some paint or spray to it.
I used the coolio Crafter's Workshop "Burst" Template with a Adirondack Paint Dabber in "Pool" dabbed over the top.
I then went through the papers to see what ones I really liked, and what I'd like to use.
I cut the bottom strips off of "Nectar Fields" & "Sweet Tea", I wasn't worried about being neat as I like the look of the uneven strip. I then machine stitched these to the top and bottom edges of my page. I then cut out the gorgeous daisies from the corners of the "Lemon Ginger" paper. I machine stitched these on to opposing corners of my page. I bent the non-stitched edges up so they weren't so flat.
Next I Layered 2 paper doilies and stuck them down in the centre of my page.
I cut a journalling block from the "Kindred Spirit" paper. I then filled a Mini Mister with water and sprayed the journalling block on both sides with the water. I then scrunched it up into a ball to make it all crinkly then unscrunched it and dryed it with a heat tool. I machine stitched around the border of it for some texture then stuck it on to the doily. I only use a bit of tape when I stick things down as I don't want things to lie flat, I like the edges to bend up a little.
I stained a manila tag with Distress Stain in "Mustard Seed" then drew a border with a black pen around it, then layered it on to the journalling block and doily. I painted a Scrapware ATC frame with Distress Crackle Paint in "Broken China" and layered it on the tag, journalling block and doily. I cut the long side of a White Scalloped Edge Felt Frame and layered it on the journalling block and tag.
I machine stitched a border on one of my photos, then layered it on top of 2 other photos. I pretty much always use three photos layered on top of each other as I like the height and layered look to it. I always stick my photos down with foam tape and only put the tape in the middle of the photos so embellies can be tucked under later if I want. I gently bent the corners of the photos, tag & journalling block up.
Now is when I start adding my embellies. First I play around with them and figure out how I would like them to go, then I alter what I want to alter, then I finally stick them down in layers.
Here is what I did to the Embellies: I coloured a Single Crochet White Flower with Distress Stain in "Mustard Seed" Then stuck a flatback black pearl in the centre.
I painted a large Daisy Charm and a Antique Bronze Large Butterfly Filagree with gesso. I then painted the centre of the daisy with Glimmer Glaze as well as painting the whole Butterfly with Glimmer Glaze "Oil Slick".
I stuck down the daisy charm and butterfly fillagree (which I bent the wings up on). Then layered a couple of Yellow Mulberry Flowers on top of the daisy charm and a Coloured Daisy Charm on top of the butterfly.
I stuck a Black and White Spotted Acrylic Button on the edge of my photo over the mulberry flower. Then stuck the crocheted flower just below the butterfly. I layered one of the Prima Sun Kiss Vinette Flowers on top of the coloured daisy charm and crocheted flower.
I cut the large butterfly from the "Nectar Fields" paper and stuck it down with foam tape to add height. I bent it's wings up for more height and dimension. I glued a White Lilly on top of the butterfly filagree.
I grabbed some Black Lace and tied a little bow and stuck it onto the felt border below the crocheted flower. I then cut three different sized butterflies from the "Bliss" paper. I also cut another journalling block from the "Kindred Spirit" paper and trimmed it so it would tuck under the paper strip on the bottom edge of the layout. I then attached the butterflies onto the background and trimmed journalling block.
I decided I needed to add another something sooooooo I cut 2 more wonky paper strips and tucked them under the bottom and top strips on the edges of the layout. I also stapled one of the butterflies in the middle. I added another trimmed journalling block to the top right hand corner as well.
I layered masking tape over both trimmed journalling blocks then added the title. I used the Prima textured alphabet stickers....LOVE them...sooo yummy!!!
SOOOOOO here's the layout.....Oh if you notice some weird stains on the card stock.....it's because I had a wee dimensional magic spillage......ahem....
And that is how I scrap....not too much method to my madness.....just kinda go with the flow and fiddle around with bits and bobs until it looks right : )
Love and Peace xox