Friday, July 8, 2011

This is how I do it : )

Happy Friday Ladies : )

Question:

Do you guys ever look at layout's and think.....how does that person create the way they do? I do alot.....
Sooooooo I thought I'd do a post on how I create and whats goes into my layout's.....they may look crazy and odd and well a bit messy....but I do try hard when I'm scrapping....honest : )

Before I do anything I choose a photo, I mostly scrap with one photo...don't know why just do.....
Then I decide on colours....I then go through my stash and choose papers in those colours aswell as some embellies.....

I dump it all on my scrappy desk....grab some cardstock.....which is mostly either white or kraft....and start creating : )

Here's the lo......


I always tend to cut a piece of patterned paper down a bit so it's a bit smaller than the cardstock.....then i can't just stick it on I HAVE to stitch it on...it's a compulsion.....I love using coloured cotton too!

Now the background was looking a wee bit busy soooooo I painted over it with some Gesso (this primes the paper so that when adding other mediums over the top of the gesso they don't absorb into the paper) at this point I splat paint, or mist, or do a mask on my page.....

On this page I used:




Dabbed over the top with a Wild Honey Distress Stain



I then patted over the mask with some paper tower to remove the excess stain....and Voila! A cool background!

After messing up the background a bit I then start layering papers....I tend to always do a rectangle or square with paper/corrugated card/ribbons/fabric etc going across it horizontally....

So I place them on my lo until it looks awesome....

Then it's embellishment time : )

On this lo I did a big cluster of flowers...



For the 2 Biggest flowers I used this AWESOME Tattered Floral Die



I cut a combination of Prima Reflections pp & brown wrapping paper with the die. I layered the wrapping paper for one flower. Then used the pp aswell as 4 Green Felt Hearts.......Which I stuck on a little square of paper as the petals to make a Flower shape...then layered the pp over.....



I finished of both flowers with a Websters Pages Yacht Club Button....



For the little layered scalloped edge paper flowers...I used a die on some more Prima Paper.....swiped over with the Wild Honey Stain.....then fixed with a glitter brad.

I also doodled on Scrapware Flourishes.....



Then I use my Acrylic Paint Dabber in Snow Cap White


To alter a couple of these Acrylic Gold & Silver Cabachons



Okkkkkkkkay.....Ya still with me??

So Finally I grabbed a couple of these GORGEOUS Yellow Roses



And a White Gardenia (Which I brushed over with the Wild Honey Stain)




I Then Brushed over all the flowes with my Paint Dabber (Snow cap White)

Then I fiddle with all my pp's & embellishments until it looks right....then I stick it down!

Lastly I place my title on the page.....I LOVE to stich it on the page because it gives my page texture AND it keeps those sneaky alphas from coming off of the page!

And there you have it.........a Jess page : )

Love and Peace xox

PS: ALL products used are from the FABULOUS my2angels....who are having a neato sale on at the moment on all glimmermists, embossing powders & Prima & Websters papers!!




6 comments:

Her Essential Hand said...

thanks so much for all the tips and the 'how to do a Jess' page! Its great to read how you do it!
love that page of course!
have a nice weekend. x

Leanne J said...

that is perfect..wow... looks superb... i love the how to on a Jmack page... woohoo

Kerri said...

Thanks for sharing! Love to know how people get their pages looking SO awesome ;-)

Jasmine S said...

Yep, love seeing how other gals work. I just LOVE this LO. Perfect design and choice of embellies. I love what you did with the Tim Holtz mask. I have looked at it so many times but didn't really like the design but it just looks fab in this LO. And just love your cluster of flowers.
Have a fab weekend.

Anita Tillman said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout and LOVE that you share how you go about it... thanks...what a great way to share the love!! GORGEOUS and inspiring! Anita (AKA crazy denim flower girl from the show!!!!) lol!

mel said...

yeah ... you make it look all too easy... I would still be sitting there a week later to decide on the perfect paper... thats why I love challenges at the end of the month - no time to think and it still comes together. Luvvin these "how to" posts.